Monday, July 12, 2010

Sarah Takes A Practical Approach to Pets

SARAH:The adorable dog that I love from the shelter has an application in. I want it to not be that way – but I can’t possibly take her home. 
SARAH: Also, it costs $200 to take a dog home. That dog weighs 12 pounds. 
SARAH: I’d be paying $16/pound to adopt her. 
SARAH: I don’t even pay that much for meat like…ever.
KATE: Sarah, you are kind of my reason for living.
SARAH: Kate, this dog is 12 pounds of awesome in a 5 pound bag.
KATE: No, it's 12 pounds of awesome (or more, of course) in a 12-pound bag.
SARAH: No, Kate.  She is JAMMED FULL OF AWESOME.  She has twice as much awesome as your daily requirement per pound.
SARAH: This awesome is NOT free.
KATE: Ok. Then she's 24 pounds of awesome. But it's still a 12-pound bag. Right?
KATE: The dog weighs 12 pounds. Hence the bag is 12 pounds. You can't make that smaller.
KATE: I will believe she contains 100 pounds of awesome but she is still a 12 pound dogbag.
KATE: We are really having this conversation.
SARAH: Best of Sarah – the Monday edition when neither of us has had enough caffeine.  Also, chicken butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment